It really bugs the shit out of me sometimes when I speak to people. Working in customer service, and being generally amiable, I talk to people a lot. So when I talk to people in person, or sometimes after being on the phone with them for a while, the person feels they "know me" well enough to discuss things they wouldn't feel comfortable discussing with others (read: other races, other genders, etc).
This unfortunatley can(and has too often) lead to bad jokes. If I can get one thing across to customers, it would be:
Do not assume that since we are now so "cool" with each other that I would appreciate any of the following:
- the latest anti-Muslim joke about Obama,
- using nuclear weapons on any location in the Middle East,
- That joke you heard on Rush Limbaugh's show about homeless people or those on welfare,
- the problem with Mexicans (in your uneducated opinion),
- What your neighbor, whom you generously identified to me as being 'black' said to his wife the other day, and finally,
- Why you support our troops and America and god and baby jesus and mary and the angels, your church, your bible quote, etc.
Why don't I want to hear it?
Because I really don't care. You DON'T know me, and I DO NOT think like you. Your Assumption is Rude.
Fuck you.
Thanks, and have a great day! : )
AMEN!! May the co-worker emails spouting the same crap all be forwarded to these morons in the hopes of bogging down their systems completely!!
ReplyDelete